Sunday, June 13, 2010

La Sirène Du Ciel

This is my original composition, for which my page is named.

La Sirène Du Ciel

Willow-weighted tones to float
On nothing but a wisp,
The painful, yearning melodies
To well-clad, sea-worn soldiers,
Not far away from journey's end.

"Are you the love I never was to own,
But ere to cling inside my breast?
The one I search for,
From the sea's sheer cliffs
In vain, from morning's dim,
'Til twilight's burning embers
Put out their present light?
Return to me! O fickle, radiant lover,
To melt crystal seclusion in the
Smolder of our agèd flame!"

With sultry sweet she sang the
Sailors to a gentle trance,
And in their eager desperation,
Fell quickly to the salty sea.
Alone she mourned,
Cloaked in ceaseless solitude,
Within the all but soundless world-
Silent,
Save the crashing of the waves and
Her own, exquisite, silver voice.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you're amazing.
    For real.
    Post more.
    Also, I is followin' ya now.

    ReplyDelete